Tuesday 6 July 2010

Another weigh in success :-)



*I thought I'd add a picture of myself "pre run" standing awkwardly in my very cluttered kitchen*

After last weeks 1.5 lb loss (which I was very pleased about) I was hoping for more this week as I'd put in a lot of running. So standing on the scales this morning I found I'd lost 5lbs!!!! I'm over the moon, I think it goes to show running is the best weight loss exercise and the most enjoyable (in my book anyways).

I popped into Moti (running shop) in Albany road yesterday to ask them about water bottles and camelpaks etc. I ended up with a running belt (I did have another one but can't find it)and a bottle which fits snuggly in the "holster" .. or so I thought. I went out today for a run and it started working it's way out of the holster and became every annoying, every position it bounced and was uncomfortable. So after all that I was back to square one holding a heavy uncomfortable fiddly water bottle. On the plus side I had some hydrating tablets to put in my water which made the difference as I'm always thirsty and I did feel better for it.

Also on a plus side I did push myself (after yesterdays 1 hour circuits class and 40 mins of fartlek training on the treadmill), and managed over 13K which is over 8 1/2 miles. I did feel it towards the end as I was pretty stiff from yesterdays sessions. It was a lovely run down to Roath park, around and back. Lots of scenery and sunshine..

So a rest day tomorrow to let my aching bones recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment