Monday 3 May 2010

A good session on the treadmill

Had a rest day on Sunday, feeling pretty tired so I chilled out..

Bank Holiday Monday, most of the leisure centres are closed apart from Llanishen. It's a bit out of the way but need to plod on and get back to running "properly". I thought I'd push myself today, I managed 1 hour 5 mins on the treadmill this time. An incline of 1 on a speed of 6 for a minute then a run on 0 incline and a speed of 8 for a minute, then two minutes, as I don't want to overdo it as I have in the past and injured myself.

It was pretty easy and I managed 7.4K and 642 calories, so tomorrow I'll either do the same or just do the 2 minutes run and a minute incline fast walk for just over an hour. I'm hoping to be up and running outside in the next month or so and go in for the Cardiff Half marathon as I've done three times in the past.

I do have to watch what I'm eating as I've been so busy I've been grabbing an apple for lunch twice this week, not good! Apart from that porridge, toast and marmite or egg and soldiers are a top brekkie. Lunch would be either a salad or 3 ryvitas with Philly light and cucumber and a huge mug of tea. Tea is usually steamed veg and fish or a cooked dinner.

So weigh in tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed as I think my scales may need new batteries *eeek*

2 comments:

  1. What is marmite?

    Pictures? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marmite is this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

    and it's delicious, it's a yeast extract full of B vitamins :-)

    ReplyDelete