Tuesday 7 April 2009

The perils of wine and a 5 lb loss..


On a good note it was weigh in day yesterday and I was very pleased as I'd lost 5lbs *punches the air*.. Also it was the start of the Easter holidays so running is even harder to fit in!!

Loads of running around, being mum's taxi, shopping, taking the kids swimming and I kept eyeing up the chilled bottle of dry white in the fridge. Well I relented and opened it, also pinched some chocolate brownie squares. I might have had a galaxy cookie bar too, I could have passed it off as my lunch but the wine ruined my good intentions.

Today I feel very washed out, looking back I should have gone to the gym as soon as Ian got back and the craving would have diminished.. but what I've learned is yesterday has gone and today is a new day, I enjoyed the "forbidden food/wine" and now it's Tuesday.

Off to the gym for a run tonight as Ian will have the 1.5 kids but it will be a late gym time.. On a good note my mum will have the kids for an hour tomorrow, so I'll be out in the fresh air for my run and will plan a harder route and get to grips with my Garmin watch.

3 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant loss Gwilli, well done!

    I need to get better at this running lark, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will, just don't do too much too soon. Build yourself up gradually to avoid injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just bought myself 'The New Runner' book by RW magazine. I may be hounding you for tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete